The Youth Action Committee provides guidance and policy recommendations on the implementation, administration and oversight of services impacting youth - especially those aged 18 to 24 - who are experiencing homelessness and at risk of homelessness. Their work includes:
- Guiding ongoing planning of homeless youth services including strategic planning to prevent and end youth homelessness.
- Providing a youth voice in decision-making within the CoC.
- Developing and overseeing implementation of strategies to serve youth experiencing homelessness more effectively throughout the CoC.
- Assist in the development and design of applications for funding for youth homelessness projects
- Integrating youth input throughout the CoC and coordinating youth focused activities with other committees, work groups, the HMIS Lead, and the Collaborative Applicant.
- Overseeing the activities of the Homeless Youth Subcommittee.