The Youth Action Committee serves as the youth-led oversight body to the Tucson/Pima Youth Homelessness Demonstration Project. The committee is comprised of youth and young adults with lived experience of homelessness and/or housing instability and provides expertise and guidance to the CoC Board as it relates to strategies to prevent and end youth homelessness.
Committee meetings are closed to the public. Agencies or older adult allies wishing to attend or present to the Youth Action Committee should email their request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests will be forwarded to the committee membership for approval.
- Providing guidance and policy recommendations on the implementation, administration and oversight of services impacting youth who are experiencing homelessness or at risk of homelessness.
- Guiding ongoing planning of homeless youth services and oversee the Tucson/Pima County Coordinated Community Plan to Prevent and End Youth Homelessness.
- Providing youth voice in decision making within the CoC.
- Developing and overseeing implementation of strategies to serve youth experiencing homelessness more effectively throughout the CoC.
- Assist in the development and design of applications for funding for youth homelessness projects.
- Integrating youth input throughout the CoC and coordinating youth focused activities with other committees, work groups, the HMIS Lead, and the CoC Lead/Collaborative Applicant.
To be announced September 1, 2020