The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee monitors diversity, equity, inclusion, and access within the Tucson/Pima homelessness response system and provides expertise and guidance to the CoC Board as it relates to addressing disparity and improving racial equity, LGBTQ+ inclusivity, and non-citizen access.
All committee meetings are open to the public. Meeting information is available at www.tpch.net/calendar.
- Collaborating with CoC Board and Lead Entities to plan and coordinate equity initiatives within TPCH with particular focus on issues of racial equity, LGBTQ+ inclusivity, and citizenship.
- Reviewing existing and proposed TPCH policies and practices; recommending strategies to increase representation from diverse stakeholders and prevent structural of systemic inequities prior to new policy adoption.
- Collecting and analyzing quantitative data regarding equity and inclusivity within the local homelessness response system.
- Issuing recommendations to improve equitable outcomes for all populations served through the local homelessness response system to the CoC Board.
- Collaborating with CoC Lead/Collaborative Applicant and HMIS Lead to issue periodic reports, at least annually, on efforts to address equity and inclusivity within the homelessness response system and the outcomes of those efforts.
Chairperson - Ana Lucero, Primavera Foundation
Vice-Chairperson - Ivey Higuera, LUSH Cosmetics
Nona Eath, City of Tucson
Bill Davidson, Salvation Army
Tabitha Frable, Tucson Preparatory School
Genesis Frazier, Southern Arizona VA Health Care System
Laurie Mazerbo, Our Family Services
Rachel McMenamin, Southern Arizona AIDS Foundation
Claudia Powell, University of Arizona SIROW
Jessica Swift, Grace St. Paul's Episcopal Church
Karl Wagner, SER Jobs for Progress
Terrance Watkins, Community Partnership of Southern Arizona
Agenda and Materials for Next Committee Meeting
Materials are posted at least one week prior to the committee meeting.