The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee monitors diversity, equity, inclusion, and access within the Tucson/Pima homelessness response system and provides expertise and guidance to the CoC Board as it relates to addressing disparity and improving racial equity, LGBTQ+ inclusivity, and non-citizen access.
All committee meetings are open to the public. Meeting information is available at www.tpch.net/calendar.
- Collaborating with CoC Board and Lead Entities to plan and coordinate equity initiatives within TPCH with particular focus on issues of racial equity, LGBTQ+ inclusivity, and citizenship.
- Reviewing existing and proposed TPCH policies and practices; recommending strategies to increase representation from diverse stakeholders and prevent structural of systemic inequities prior to new policy adoption.
- Collecting and analyzing quantitative data regarding equity and inclusivity within the local homelessness response system.
- Issuing recommendations to improve equitable outcomes for all populations served through the local homelessness response system to the CoC Board.
- Collaborating with CoC Lead/Collaborative Applicant and HMIS Lead to issue periodic reports, at least annually, on efforts to address equity and inclusivity within the homelessness response system and the outcomes of those efforts.
Chairperson - Cat Polston, City of Tucson
Vice-Chairperson - Simikka "Mikka" Milligan, Lived Experience Advocate
Daniel Armenta, Youth On Their Own
Josh Carzoli, El Rio Health
Alfonzo Lopez, Southern Arizona VA
Laurie Mazerbo, Our Family Services
Tanya Moreno, Primavera Foundation
Claudia Powell, University of Arizona SIROW
Keona Rose, Youth Collaboratory
Stephanie Santiago, Community Activist
Terrance Watkins, Community Partnership of Southern Arizona