The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee monitors diversity, equity, inclusion, and access within the Tucson/Pima homelessness response system and provides expertise and guidance to the CoC Board as it relates to addressing disparity and improving racial equity, LGBTQ+ inclusivity, and non-citizen access.
All committee meetings are open to the public. Meeting information is available at www.tpch.net/calendar.
- Collaborating with CoC Board and Lead Entities to plan and coordinate equity initiatives within TPCH with particular focus on issues of racial equity, LGBTQ+ inclusivity, and citizenship.
- Reviewing existing and proposed TPCH policies and practices; recommending strategies to increase representation from diverse stakeholders and prevent structural of systemic inequities prior to new policy adoption.
- Collecting and analyzing quantitative data regarding equity and inclusivity within the local homelessness response system.
- Issuing recommendations to improve equitable outcomes for all populations served through the local homelessness response system to the CoC Board.
- Collaborating with CoC Lead/Collaborative Applicant and HMIS Lead to issue periodic reports, at least annually, on efforts to address equity and inclusivity within the homelessness response system and the outcomes of those efforts.
Chairperson - Cat Polston, City of Tucson
Alfonzo Lopez, Southern Arizona VA
Laurie Mazerbo, Youth On Their Own
Keona Rose, Youth Collaboratory
Stephanie Santiago, Community Activist
Kristina Abril, Primavera Foundation
Leo Effendi, Direct Center for Independence
Lee Barnhill, Community Advocate
Cristina Hernandez, City of Tucson
Vacant, Committee Member Seat
Past Meeting Minutes