CITY OF TUCSON HOUSING AND COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
TEMPORARY POSITION AVAILABLE (POSTING DATE: JUNE 7, 2022)
Community Services Project Coordinator (Homeless Vaccine Ambassador)
Position is open until filled. Please follow instructions below to apply.
The City of Tucson Housing and Community Development is currently accepting applications for the position of temporary Community Services and Neighborhood Resources Project Coordinator (Homeless Vaccine Ambassador) to administer the City’s summer-long COVID-19 vaccine initiative which will provide vaccine education, coordinate vaccination events, and provide cash stipends to individuals and families experiencing homelessness who receive the COVID-19 vaccine and/or booster.
**Note** This is a temporary position. Employment period will begin as soon as possible and end on or before September 30, 2022. Selected candidates will be employed by the City of Tucson’s contracted temporary employment agency and assigned to this project. Selected candidates will not be classified as City of Tucson employees but will serve as a representative of the City and be obligated to adhere to applicable City of Tucson Administrative Directives and departmental policies.
This position requires regular use of personal vehicle to attend vaccine events within the City limits and does not include insurance, mileage reimbursement, or other benefits. This position provides on-site service at daily vaccination events with limited telecommuting opportunity. The starting rate of pay for this position shall be between $22.83/hour and $31.52/hour, dependent upon experience.
The City of Tucson values the safety of our employees, our residents, our community, and our visitors. In support of these values, if you are selected for this job, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, except when vaccination is not medically advised or violates your sincerely held religious beliefs. If you are invited to join our team, you must submit proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or you must request an exemption from your representative. New employees must either provide proof of vaccination or be granted a medical or religious exemption before beginning work.
To apply: Please email email@example.com with any questions or to apply for this position. To apply, please submit your resume and a brief cover letter that describes your qualifications for the position and prior experience.
Individuals with lived experience of homelessness and housing instability, BIPOC persons, LGBTQIA+ individuals, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Specific Job Duties
- Schedule and coordinate daily vaccination events at area shelters, day centers, and programs serving individuals and families experiencing homelessness.
- Develop and distribute campaign promotional materials in partnership with vaccination event hosts, Pima County Health Department, HCD community engagement staff, and contractors.
- Provide vaccine education to people experiencing homelessness.
- Facilitate vaccine ambassadorship training for homeless services staff at area shelters, day centers, and programs serving individuals and families experiencing homelessness.
- Coordinate the purchase, secure storage, delivery, and tracking of vaccine incentives for eligible individuals and families.
- Maintain complete, accurate, and legible records demonstrating that vaccine incentives have been delivered to eligible persons upon receipt of vaccine dose(s).
- Enter participant data into the Homeless Management Information System and other data repositories as required.
- Complete programmatic reporting and communications.
- Responsibly use and return in good working condition all City-issued equipment including but not limited to laptop device, software, and telephone.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products and common technologies
- Associate degree or commensurate professional experience
- At least 2 years of experience in community services
- Bilingual English/Spanish verbal and written communication proficiency.
- Prior experiencing providing and/or coordinating services for individuals and/or families experiencing homelessness.
- Prior experience entering data into the Homeless Management Information System.
- Prior experience working in and/or coordinating the delivery of public health resources and education to vulnerable populations, including persons experiencing homelessness.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or to apply for this position. To apply, please submit your resume and a brief cover letter that describes your qualifications for the position and prior experience.